- “Carnegie Fonder is #1”
- About us
- Dowload white paper
- Our funds
- Investment philosophy
We take responsibility
Carnegie Fonder is an active manager that takes positions on corporate governance issues, including sustainability. That is why we have established a special Responsible Investment Board. If we discover that a holding is not living up to our standards, the Board takes action, in consultation with the relevant fund manager.
We have a number of possible courses of action:
- The manager seeks additional information and discusses the holding with the Board.
- The manager contacts the company to discuss our concerns.
- The CEO of Carnegie Fonder makes more formal contact with the CEO or chairman of the holding.
- Carnegie Fonder contacts other shareholders to engage in joint ownership dialogue.
- If the response is unsatisfactory and the company does not demonstrate willingness to change, we may decide to divest the holding.
- The time it takes to carry out these types of processes varies, depending upon the nature of the issue, the size of our holding and where the company is based geographically. Each case is unique and is evaluated individually.
The board that serves as a sounding board for fund managers
At Carnegie Fonder, all managers are responsible for ensuring that each fund invests in accordance with our policy. The managers are supported in their efforts by the Carnegie Fonder Responsible Investment Board, composed of CEO Hans Hedström, Compliance Officer Svante Lundberg, Head of Sales Peter Gullmert and Head of Communication Erik Amcoff.
The Board meets every month to discuss ongoing advocacy dialogues, verify that fund managers are taking sustainability issues into account and ensure that Carnegie Fonder employees are provided ongoing training in these matters.